(WinterLights refunds, email your order information (name, day/time of entry) to email@example.com)
Just like we take care of our gardens, we want to take care of our guests too. So before you visit please know:
– The entire staff looks forward to welcoming you to the Gardens..
– The Butterfly House and Discovery Cottage (outdoor areas only) are now open.
– The restrooms at the front of Odom Hall are now open. (Others to follow shortly.) These restrooms will be sprayed with disinfectant on a regular basis. The other restroom facilities will remain closed at this time, so please plan accordingly.
– Our mobile audio tour is not available at this time.
– We request visitors wear a face covering anywhere six feet of distancing is unavailable and to wear face coverings inside buildings (mandatory).
– Lovely yellow Xs will greet you on the walk to the Gatehouse to assist in social distancing.
– Our Plant Sale Garden Center will be open and staff will assist you with any plant needs.
– All scheduled garden events or activities in The Gardens are subject to change.
– If you are feeling ill, please postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
– Members, upon entry, tell the staff your name and then enjoy the Gardens.
Many thanks for your support during these unprecedented times, we look forward to the day we can fully reopen The Elizabethan Gardens. Please continue to be safe and remember that the sun will continue to shine, and gardens will continue to flourish. Now is the time to plant a seed for what will bloom in better days for us all.
NOTE: All scheduled garden events or activities in The Gardens are subject to change.
Fanciful and elaborate gardens were kept to entertain Queen Elizabeth I during her reign. Our garden was created for your enjoyment, and as a living memorial to the time when Sir Walter Raleigh’s lost colonists lived in this very place over 400 years ago. The Elizabethan Gardens is a project of the Garden Club of North Carolina.
The Elizabethan Gardens is a TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Winner and listed in the top 10% of attractions world-wide.
For additional information, please visit the following websites:
With its beautiful grounds, colorful plantings, classic sculpture and serene Outer Banks location, The Elizabethan Gardens is an unforgettable location for your wedding. It’s no wonder then that we were recognized as a wedding location of distinction by couples using WeddingWire.