– The entire staff looks forward to welcoming you back.
– We will reopen only the “outdoor spaces” of The Gardens. (Butterfly House and Odom Hall will be closed.)
– Our mobile audio tour is not available at this time.
– There will be no restroom facilities available on the grounds, so please plan accordingly.
– The Childrens Garden will remain closed at this time.We request visitors wear a face covering anywhere six feet of distancing is unavailable.
– Lovely yellow Xs will greet you on the walk to the Gatehouse to assist in social distancing.
– Our Plant Sale Garden Center will be open and staff will assist you with any plant needs.
– All scheduled garden events or activities in The Gardens are subject to change.
– If you are feeling ill, please postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
– Members, upon entry, tell the staff your name and then enjoy the Gardens.
– A note about memberships. Due to the pandemic, we will be extending all memberships for two months.
Many thanks for your support during these unprecedented times, we look forward to the day we can fully reopen The Elizabethan Gardens. Please continue to be safe and remember that the sun will continue to shine, and gardens will continue to flourish. Now is the time to plant a seed for what will bloom in better days for us all.
NOTE: All scheduled garden events or activities in The Gardens are subject to change. Our previously scheduled summer activities for children are cancelled (as of 6/26/20).
Fanciful and elaborate gardens were kept to entertain Queen Elizabeth I during her reign. Our garden was created for your enjoyment, and as a living memorial to the time when Sir Walter Raleigh’s lost colonists lived in this very place over 400 years ago. The Elizabethan Gardens is a project of the Garden Club of North Carolina.
For additional information, please visit the following websites:
With its beautiful grounds, colorful plantings, classic sculpture and serene Outer Banks location, The Elizabethan Gardens is an unforgettable location for your wedding. It’s no wonder then that we were recognized as a wedding location of distiction by couples using WeddingWire.